Monday, November 28, 2011

OOPS!

I've nearly forgotten one of the main reasons why I started this blog - to chronicle my first time adventure into breaking a green horse!  Last summer I was blessed with a smart little filly from my mare (Docs Hollywood Poco) and a local stallion (Red E Impression),  Rede Hollywood Doll (from now on referred to as Dolly), and I can't be happier (unless she's being a little turd, which she usually is :P)

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with my goal and post pictures, stories and videos.

Dolly is a purebred (breedingstock) paint with Impressive and Poco Lena lines, to name a few.  Her dam was bred specifically for cutting (never happened, she's a lazy old lard) and her sire is an all round horse with foals who exell in many disciplines.  I have not decided if there's a particular discipline I want to stick to and train her in (I'm a bit of an all round rider) but at 12 hours old she showed us just how well of a cutting horse she could be, cutting the family dog, no less, and that her amazing sliding stops and turns!  She's too smart for her own good, figuring out how to get into the feed room and how to open the gates at 2 months of age, and full of sass...

No comments:

Post a Comment