Saturday, November 26, 2011

A few paragraphs dedicated to my "why."

When I was a sixth grader, as if overnight, I became OBSESSED with horses.  When I opened my mouth, it was to say something about horses.  I can't remember speaking or thinking of anything else.  I wasn't particulary quiet, so I think the pope turning my mom (and anyone else that was within earshot) into a saint is the right thing to do.  I drew barn and pasture plans by the dozen, I came up with names.  I checked out every horse book in my library, and even those books that go over basic horse care or kids.

It was because of these books (but mostly because of me being a pre-teen/teen) that I thought I had it all figured and that I was god's gift to horses and that not an ounce of attention should be paid during my theory lessons at the stable.  I see the error in my ways now, oh my.

So, now that I am a 20 year old trying to carve out a niche as an Arabian breeder, I realize that the learning curve doesn't end and that I have a hell of a long way to go!  The best way of learning for me is to gather information and write a thorough report.  And then I thought... hey, why not post it online to share?  And that is how this story has begun.  I invite you all to learn and share with me!  This blog is not dedicated to any particular topic or discipline, nor is it entirely serious business either.  So please, follow or bookmark, share your knowledge, send your own articles and learn, learn, learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment